Friday 7 September 2012

Study, study, study...

Well I've finished my first week at uni. The first day was super easy, so I got moved up a class. Now it's difficult!!! EEK! I'm understanding all the words, but I need to catch up on reading and writing the characters. Oooph it's difficult. But getting there. Well I'm getting there with recognising them and I can just about copy them. But remembering how to write them off the top of my head. Oh that's tough!

Last night we went out for something to eat. Here it's normal to go out to eat at  like 10 or 11pm. I found food I like, woohoo! I had dan bing...it's like an omlette but better. And milk doesn't really exist over here, so I had a mix of soy and rice milk...surprisingly really nice! (And it's even nicer when you warm it up and add honey and crushed almonds! Lush.) You know it's a good day when you can go out and pay for your meal with one coin...and still get change!! :O

It's so amazing having so many different cultures all in one place. Of those of us that went out last night there were Mexicans, Americans, Canadians, Koreans, Japanese and me the solitary Brit. It's just incredible the diversity!


Ooph writing characters is HARD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment